The history of “Pascal Lejeune Champagne House “began in the early 19th century when Edmond, Sandrine’s great grandfather , began growing a few acres of grapevines in Moussy, on the south-facing slopes of Epernay. At the time winegrowing was not an essential part of the family’s activities, but however, Edmond played an active part in creating the village cooperative.
Born in 1911, the year of Champagne Riots, André, Edmond's son was the first member of the family to be able to live as a wine producer. He delivered the majority of his grapes to the cooperative, eventually he started in marketing his brand in the mid-1950s.
Robert, who belongs to the family's 3rd generation of wine-growers, decided that he and his wife Nicole would gradually develop the marketing of their champagnes. It was a favourable time for champagne and the first bottles of "Champagne Leguay Charlot" were sold in 1976.
When Pascal and Sandrine were in charge in 1995, their aim was to give a new impetus to their Family House: the vineyard enlarged to 4.4 hectares, the "Champagne Pascal Lejeune" brand was created and new cuvées enriched the range... very soon a website is created to boost Pascal Lejeune Champagne House’s reputation . In the same time, Pascal's wish is to put in place responsible viticulture in all the vineyard.
In summer 2015 Pascal and Sandrine were both proud and delighted that their son Thibaut join them in the family business to carrying on the expertise in wine production and the House's commitment to producing exceptional wines.